The spectacular and untarnished landscape and beauty of St. Kitts makes it one of the most alluring Caribbean destinations.
Situated on the stunning southeast peninsula of St. Kitts, Christophe Harbour’s communities command vistas of verdant hillsides rising from the ocean floor, white-sand beaches, tranquil bays and a protected natural harbour.
PRESERVE AND PROTECT
Unlike many Caribbean islands, much of St. Kitts remains undeveloped, and policies are in place to protect and preserve its spectacular natural beauty and authentic soul. This island is lauded as one of the most breathtaking and authentic Caribbean destinations, and Christophe Harbour is dedicated to preserving this distinction.
A quarter of the land on St. Kitts is American Oceanic Rainforest, one of the rarest ecosystems in the world. All land above 1,000 feet has been classified as a National Forest Reserve, which will preserve this exquisite Caribbean landscape for generations to come. St. Kitts also boasts coral reefs, historic shipwrecks, and a renowned sea turtle monitoring program. The government is working to create Marine Protected Areas to help preserve the island’s underwater environment.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Christophe Harbour is being developed with resource-efficient infrastructure and energy-efficient materials and utilities. Some key ways that the developer is ensuring an environmentally responsible development include:
- Agreement with the St. Kitts government to protect the island’s historic, natural and cultural environment and set the highest standards for ecotourism.
- Joint development of programs with the St. Kitts Turtle Monitoring Network to help monitor turtle populations in beach areas where development is planned for a least disturbance policy of nesting areas.
- Intensive field studies to identify environmentally sensitive/valuable areas and develop environmental policies to maintain and restore ecosystems.
- Establishment of the Christophe Harbour Foundation to support conservational, educational, recreational, cultural, historical and social development projects in St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Erosion control measures to protect terrain around the golf course and neighborhood construction sites.